This Page

has been moved to new address

Showing Off!: Pretty Dyed Quail Eggs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Awake at the Whisk: Showing Off!: Pretty Dyed Quail Eggs

Saturday, April 3, 2010

 

Showing Off!: Pretty Dyed Quail Eggs

This pretty dish isn't filled with chocolates. These are quail eggs! I dyed them like an Easter egg in hot water, vinegar, and food coloring. In fact, I tried some natural dyes by using ground turmeric for the yellow eggs and paprika for the orange eggs. I tried using chard from my garden to make the pink eggs, but the color wouldn't set. I've heard of others who successfully used beets to dye red eggs, but alas, I had no beets in the house.

However you choose to do it, I highly recommend dyeing some quail eggs. They're pretty!

If you're wondering how to use the eggs later, here's a great appetizer that's easy to make. If you want to know how to hard boil a quail egg, here's my recipe. You can buy quail eggs at the farmers' market for a mere $1 for 10 eggs.

Happy Easter!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]